Hygienic, practical, easy to use and highly ergonomic.
The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is a new product that makes it easier to transport the deceased horizontally or over the stairs, with minimal impact on your back.
It is physically demanding work when having to carry the deceased through narrow passages and down narrow staircases. This has a major impact on the physical strain on people working in the funeral industry.
Through our experience and feedback from our customers, we have created an optimal solution.
Advantages Escape-Mattress® Mortipod:
- The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is a 3 in 1 solution. It is a towing mattress, carrying mattress and stretcher mattress as well.
- The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod helps you to meet the stringent health and safety regulations that are present in the UK, when it comes to moving and handling of people, as it takes the strain away and makes lifting and moving the deceased a lot less stressful.
- The material of the Escape-Mattress® Mortipod, is very robust (dragging across the ground), hygienic and easy to clean and doesn’t absorb moisture.
- The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is narrower, allowing the Mort iPod to be transferred onto a stretcher.
- Due to the Escape-Mattress® Mortipod being narrow, it is now more agile and therefore easier to use in confined spaces.
- The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod closes using a zip and buckles. This is much more hygienic than Velcro because the buckles do not absorb moisture. Clothes no longer get damaged by the Velcro and the buckles make much less noise than using Velcro
- There are four handles on each of the long sides. These handles are made with soft plastic tubes over them, so it makes handling the Escape-Mattress® Mortipod much safer and user friendly.
The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is easy to store. Just close the body bag with the zip and buckles, clean the mattress with a disinfectant and fold away the pulling straps. Fold the Mort iPod into the bag (21051) that can be supplied with the product.